Keeping your certification current is important for gaining the greatest value from the time and effort you spent for your initial certification. Re-certifying demonstrates your commitment to continued growth and development, plus having your certification over several years shows employers, peers, and the professional community your dedication to excellence.
AALSSC re-certification requires submission of a journal documenting activities and projects based on a point system. The points are referred to as "recertification units" or RUs. Green Belts require 175 RUs plus a documented project; Black Belts require 200 RUs and two documented projects. (Download journals for details)
How Re-certification Works
Your initial certification is valid for a period of three years. After three years you either re-certify or your certification expires. Certifications always expire on the last day of month. After you successfully re-certify, your certification will be valid for another 3 years and a new certificate will be mailed to you with updated expiration date.
Cost: Green Belt - $59 Black Belt - $69
1) Download, complete, and save the re-certification journal
2) Click on “submit payment” and complete process
3) After AALSSC reviews and approves - a new certificate will be mailed to address listed in journal
Submit by mail:
1) Download, complete, and print re-certification journal (links above)
2) Mail completed journal with check or money order to:
112 Water Street, suite 109
Henderson, NV 89015
3) After AALSSC reviews and approves a new certificate will be mailed to address listed in journal