Congratulations on your decision to obtain your Lean Six Sigma Belt certification. This is an important step in your professional development and we wish you the best of luck.
Certification is a five step process outlined below
General test information
- Tests are open book/open notes
- Tests must be completed in presence of a proctor
- Tests must be completed in a neutral location (see FAQs)
- A minimum score of 75% is required for certification
- Green Belt test: 60 questions – 1:30 minute time limit. $395
- Black Belt test: 80 questions – 2:30 minute time limit. $475
- Certification is valid for 3 years, at which time individual must re-certify (see Recertification)
**Prerequisite for Black Belt certification:
- To be approved for Black Belt testing applicant must list current Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent certification
- Equivalent certifications are normally employer provided credentials that are not called Green Belt
- Black Belt certification requires submission of one project (effective 1 July 2019)
- Project can be submitted prior to testing, at time of testing, or within 1 year of testing
1) Learn the material
Download and review study guide to determine what topics you know and what topics need more study.
2) Find a proctor & schedule
Coordinate with proctor and determine date, time, and location for testing. See proctor policy & procedures below. Examples of good proctors are supervisors, librarians, university faculty or staff, military NCOs, and officers.
4) Submit payment & take test
When the day comes to test click on applicable link below which begins the payment and testing process. Debit and credit cards accepted or enter provided coupon code if your test was paid for by a third party. Complete the test and get your results immediately.
5) Receive certificate!
You will be mailed an official letter or certification package within 14 calendar days of testing.