Below outlines the five phases of certification
1) Learn the material
Download and review study guide to determine what topics you know and what topics need more study.
2) Secure a proctor & schedule test
Coordinate with proctor and determine date, time, and location for testing. See proctor policy & procedures below. Examples of good proctors are supervisors, librarians, university faculty or staff, military NCOs, and officers.
4) Submit payment & take test
After approved to test click on applicable link below which begins the payment and testing process. Paypal, debit, and credit cards accepted or enter provided coupon code if your test was paid for by a third party. Complete payment and test when ready. Receive immediate results.
5) Receive certificate!
Certification package is mailed to certified individuals within 14 calendar days of testing.
General test information
- Certification test is a proctored, timed assessment
- Open book/open notes
- Proctor must be present when testing - in-person or virtually
- Test must be completed in a neutral location (see FAQs)
- 75% or better required for certification
- Green Belt: 60 questions, 1:30 minute time limit, $395
- Black Belt: 80 questions, 2:30 minute time limit. $475
- Certifications are valid for 3 years (see recertification)
Prerequisite for Black Belt certification:
- To be approved for Black Belt testing applicant must be current Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent.
- Equivalent certifications are normally employer provided credentials that are referred to as something other than Green Belt