Congratulations on your decision to obtain your Lean Six Sigma Belt certification. Below outline the five steps necessary for certification. Best of luck.
1) Learn the material
Download and review study guide to determine what topics you know and what topics need more study.
2) Secure a proctor & schedule test
Coordinate with proctor and determine date, time, and location for testing. See proctor policy & procedures below. Examples of good proctors are supervisors, librarians, university faculty or staff, military NCOs, and officers.
4) Submit payment & take test
When the day comes to test click on applicable link below which begins the payment and testing process. Paypal, debit, and credit cards accepted or enter provided coupon code if your test was paid for by a third party. Complete the test and get your results immediately.
5) Receive certificate!
Certification package is mailed to certified individuals within 14 calendar days of testing.
General test information
- Certifications are test only
- Tests are open book/open notes
- Tests must be completed in presence of a proctor
- Tests must be completed in a neutral location (see FAQs)
- 75% is required for certification
- Green Belt: 60 questions, 1:30 minute time limit, $395
- Black Belt: 80 questions, 2:30 minute time limit. $475
- Certification is valid for 3 years, at which time re-certification is required
Prerequisite for Black Belt certification:
- To be approved for Black Belt testing applicant must be current Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent.
- Equivalent certifications are normally employer provided credentials that are not called Green Belt