Congratulations on your decision to obtain your Lean Six Sigma Belt certification. This is an important step in your professional development and we wish you the best of luck.
General test information
- Tests are open book/open notes
- Tests must be completed in presence of a proctor
- Test must be completed in a neutral location (see FAQs)
- A minimum score of 70% is required for certification
- Green Belt test: 50 questions – 1:40 minute time limit. $325
- Black Belt test: 75 questions – 2:30 minute time limit. $475
- Certification is valid for 3 years, at which time individual must re-certify (see Recertification tab)
**Prerequisite for Black Belt certification:
- To be approved for Black Belt testing applicant must list current Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent certification.
- Equivalent certifications are normally employer provided credentials that are not called Green Belt.
Five step certification process below:
1) Learn the material
Download and review the study guides to determine what topics you know and what topics need more study. Green Belt video lessons aligned to study guide can be purchased at www.udemy.com - use coupon code "MILVET" for 20% discount
2) Find a proctor & schedule
Coordinate with proctor and determine date, time, and location for exam. Please ensure proctor meets requirements (see proctor policy & procedures below). Examples of good proctors are supervisors, librarians, university faculty or staff, military NCOs and officers.
4) Submit payment & take test
It is time to complete the assessment. You can pay with credit card, Paypal or enter provided coupon code if your test was paid for by a third party. Take your time and complete the exam.
5) Receive certificate!
If you pass the test an electronic certificate will be available for download immediately. You will be mailed the official hard copy certificate within 14 calendar days.