Congratulations on your goal to achieve a Lean Six Sigma belt certification
Below you will find the five steps necessary for certification, best of luck!
1st) Learn the material
Below you can download and review the applicable study guide to determine what subject areas need more study. Preparation is key to success.
2nd) Secure a proctor & schedule test
Test is proctored, so this next step you need to find and coordinate with proctor to determine date, time, and location for testing. See proctor policy & procedures below. Examples of good proctors are supervisors, librarians, university faculty or staff, military NCOs, and officers.
4th) Fund certification test
After approved for testing an invoice will be sent to email listed on application. Once paid a user name and password will be provided that enables testing. If payment is being made by a third party (ex. Employer), once that payment processes you will receive login information.
5th) Complete testing and receive certificate!
When ready, login with provided user name and password, complete test and receive immediate results. Certification package is mailed if you achieve minimum passing score (75%). Package mailed within 14 calendar days of testing.
General test information
- Certification test is a proctored (live or virtual) and timed assessment
- Open book/open notes test
- Test must be completed in a neutral location (see FAQs)
- 75% or better required for certification
- Green Belt: 60 questions, 1:30 minute time limit, $395
- Black Belt: 80 questions, 2:30 minute time limit. $475
- Certifications are valid for 3 years (see recertification)
Prerequisite for Black Belt certification:
- To be approved for Black Belt testing applicant must hold a current Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Green Belt equivalent certification.
- "Green Belt Equivalent certifications" are normally employer provided credentials that are referred to as something other than Green Belt